TTIA’s members have signed onto the commitment to comply with TTIA Ethical Labour Practice - Code of Conduct on Workers consisting of 8 items. Besides, they have carried out as the requirements of the buyers’ ethical standards with annual audits.
TTIA cooperate with many sectors with the government, private sector and and civil society to combat illegal child labor, forced labor and human trafficking in fisheries and industry. Furthermore, we arrange activities to follow up our members on theirs good labour practice.
We take part in several meetings on labour issues, submit TTIA report on labour activity and jointly arrange social dialogue workshops and seminars with Ministry of Labor, International Labour Organization, Thai Chamber of Commerce, PLAN International Thailand and Migrant Workers Rights Network. In addition, we have monitored our members on their good labour practice at factory site through “TTIA GLP Visit” activity and enhance labor and employer relationships by using efficient mechanism of welfare committee in the workplace together with migrant workers’ participation. More
1. Conducted ILO-GLP project Phase 1 in Nov 2013 - Mar 2015, organized by ILO and Ministry of Labour (MOL)
2. Presented GLP Progress VDO in Brussels Seafood Show, May 2015 and China Marine Economy Exposition, Nov 2016 More
3. Organized Social Dialogue Workshop among Migrant workers and employers by TTIA, Migrant Worker Rights Network (MWRN), Thai Frozen Foods Association (TFFA) and Thai Food Processors’ Association (TFPA)
4. TTIA GLP Visit 2017 for 25 members and annual report More
1. Encourage members to comply with TTIA Ethical Code of Conduct as committed.
2. Encourage members to comply with Buyers’ Ethical Standards.
3. Encourage members to adopt and comply with ILO-GLP Based on Thai Labour Law and ILO requirements
4. Support Project of Combating Unacceptable Forms of Work in the Thai Fishing and Seafood Industry (Ship to Shore Rights) organized by ILO and MOL, funded by EU
5. Work with various NGOs and members to enhance Welfare Committee and to mediate a case of working condition problem and grievance mechanism.
6. Co-develop ILO-GLP with TFFA and ILO to strengthen GLP for Thai tuna and seafood industry from Jan 2018 to Dec 2019.
7. TTIA Annual Public Labour Report
8. Produce GLP Progress 2016-2018 VDO
9. Exchange information and give comments with international organizations and NGOs; ILO, IOM, NHRC, AIT, ISSARA, MWRN, LPN, PLAN International Thailand
1. Organize Social Dialogue Workshops for members to enhance Welfare Committee and essential labour issues for employer and employee at least once a year.
2. Promote and follow up UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights according to the National agenda. Participate in related project such as Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)